TeaPartyPrincess

Jon Steele
Dead Gone
Luca Veste

Faeries, Elves and Goblins: The Old Stories

Faeries, Elves and Goblins: The Old Stories - Rosalind Kerven A fantastic collection of fairy stories and the second of Rosalind Kerven's books I've read this year - and I'm definitely going to read any further publications.

Fairy tales aren't just for kids - as an adult I thoroughly enjoyed this read. It took me right back to my childhood. These old stories are timeless, and wonderfully told in Faeries, Elves and Goblins. As an adult, the background to some of the stories was extremely interesting. I love reading anything that increases my general knowledge.

But Faeries are not only for children's eyes: they are more often spied by sensible matrons and reputable middle aged men.

This book has gorgeous illustrations throughout, I always paused to look them over. Even the chapter pages had me staring for a while!

The tales are from everywhere. I loved that there was something to make me stop and think "I know this one!"

Go out and buy this book. I had an e-copy via Net Galley for review, but I picked up a copy during a visit to a National Trust property and the quality is great. Definitely get the hard-copy, a screen doesn't do this beautiful book justice.