TeaPartyPrincess

The Watchers
Jon Steele
Dead Gone
Luca Veste

Escaping Reality (The Secret Life of Amy Bensen) (Volume 1)

Escaping Reality - Lisa Renee Jones DNF at 58%.

I just couldn't take it any more. This was a farce of an NA (why is it NA at all?) that was just about the sex. And badly written sex at that. The characters had no depth despite the authors best attempt to make Amy so mysterious, Amy just seemed selfish and whiny. I didn't like her, I didn't connect, I don't care.

And then there's the time frame. She locks eyes with this guy for a split second and then BAM super-duper insta-love. By the next day she's feeling such painful emotions at the fact she might never see the controlling bastard again that it's painful to breathe. Amy is a messed up little girl, someone who shouldn't have been taken advantage of. I do NOT like books where domestic abuse is skirted around and even glorified, and this one did exactly that in my eyes.

I never found out what the big "life threatening to everyone around her" mystery about Amy was. It wasn't well written, the mystery elements being forced down your throat with an overly big spoon. Usually in a mystery the mysteries built by information being revealed - at 58 percent, when I couldn't turn another page for fear of driving forks into my eyes, there was nothing that I knew about the character.

I am sick of all the sex in New Adult. Bad sex scenes belong with the joke that was FSoG. This was a laughable attempt at pushing into the market and the overly sexed, quite frankly idiotic characters were not for me.

I feel awful that I can't think of anything nice, especially when I tried so hard with this one.

WAIT! Wait! I thought of something! It was freaking HILARIOUS that Liam Stone had a tattoo around his belly button. And that Amy thought it was sexy. Bwahahahaha. Belly button tattoos on a guy? *snigger*