TeaPartyPrincess

Jon Steele
Dead Gone
Luca Veste

Viral Nation

Viral Nation - Shaunta Grimes This wasn't really my cup of tea.

I didn't click with the writing style, it didn't engage me. So from the start I didn't enjoy it. That said, when the end came I tried again and again to turn the page. It felt like it finished too soon and I wanted to read on as I'd started to like it and even enjoy it. The ending was SO abrupt.

I don't like complex time-travel in books, and this has it in spades. I just get super confused and start over thinking EVERYTHING. Add to that that there wasn't much explanation of the complexities of this brand of time-travel and I was sitting scratching my head like a confused monkey.

But I did like the characters. I liked Clover and how she struggled so much and grew throughout the book. She was a really strong character. I liked her voice.The conflicts the characters faced were pretty good too. The situations were pretty scary in some places. And terrifying in others.

The best part of this book, for me, was the final 15%. Out of all of the book it's the bit that gripped me and made me turn the pages faster.

The worst bit of this book was the killing of all would-be criminals except for child abusers. Just thinking of it makes me sick.

Thanks to Net Galley for a copy of this. I think I would read the next book because the ending of this one picked up so much.