TeaPartyPrincess

Jon Steele
Dead Gone
Luca Veste

A Lady Cyclist's Guide to Kashgar

A Lady Cyclist's Guide to Kashgar - Suzanne Joinson This was a fantastic and complex read.

The prose is beautifully written and this was a delight to read. The description were sumptuous, beautiful, lavish and luxurious and I found myself instantly transported to Kashgar.

This book switched between two time periods and various characters, but for once I actually enjoyed the changes of perspective. It really really worked and despite it usually being something that puts me off reading a book instead it drew me in further.

The pace is subtle and I didn't realise how very much the whole book had changed between the first page and the last. Suzanne Joinson's writing is simply AMAZING. You journey with the characters, feel as they feel.

I had a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach as I finished this book, as I am sure Evangeline did at the end of her journey. What happens between the pages is haunting and shocking, yet somehow delicate and quite lovely.

This is definitely one of those books which leaves you with a "what next" feeling.
What happens now? Where do the characters go from here? Where to I go from here?

I won a copy via Goodreads First Reads.