TeaPartyPrincess

The Watchers
Jon Steele
Dead Gone
Luca Veste

The Worst Witch and The Wishing Star (Worst Witch, #7)

The Worst Witch and The Wishing Star - Jill Murphy As I was growing up, the Worst Witch books were a firm favourite with me, my sisters and my friends. And I'm sure that they too will want to read this. I really REALLY enjoyed this. It's in the same style and just as easily accessible as the earlier books, but you know reading it, right from the start, that Mildred and friends have grown up a little.

The gorgeous illustrations perfectly compliment the story - even the layouts are quite humourous for some!

The story is wonderful - it's got the good, the bad, and the happy ending. And Mildred makes a new friend and gains some responsibilities. This helps her grow up a little. And you see a different side of HB, she's not all lofty, evil potions teacher.

This was a great return of one of the best children's characters out there, and the fabulous illustrations just made me feel more nostalgic for my childhood, a time when we'd committed the Cackle's Academy song to memory and would sing it when we were acting out the books - I was always Mildred with my long hair.

Thank you to Penguin via NetGalley for a copy of this.