TeaPartyPrincess

The Watchers
Jon Steele
Dead Gone
Luca Veste

Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend (Harlequin Teen)

Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend - Louise Rozett This is a fantastic second book in a series. It is totally accessible for readers who are new to the series and yet the summaries of the previous book is so subtle that I don't think it will be intrusive to readers invested in the series already. I definitely will be reading the first book. Just my cup of tea.

It is well written in general. The narrative style is like a comfortable pair of pyjamas, something you know you can rely on for comfort after a hard day. It's easily accessible and easy to read.

The characters are also refreshingly REAL. Rose is a particular favourite - she knows when she's being a bitch and she goes back and makes things better. She lets her emotions simmer and build. She's a normal teenager, confused about life.

When I was thirteen, I was collecting horse stickers.

This whole book could have easily been a depressing pity party. But it's not. It's upbeat and makes you think pleasant thoughts.

I didn't like the nickname "Sweater". In the UK, it means something completely different. I found myself wondering whether Rose showered or used antiperspirant.

Thank you to Mira Ink via NetGalley for a copy of this in exchange for an honest review.