TeaPartyPrincess

Jon Steele
Dead Gone
Luca Veste

White Trash Beautiful

White Trash Beautiful  - Teresa Mummert This was very almost a one star. The gorgeous cover saved it.

This book annoyed me so much. It infuriated me. It made me sigh and roll my eyes. I had to push myself to finish it. I hoped that it would get better at the end, but it didn't. Not for me anyway.

But I can see the draw of this book. The title is pretty excellent. And I think that a lot of people will like it. It's the kind of story that most Young Adult readers will probably lap up.

I found the writing terribly immature. It was like a thirteen-year-old's over excited fan-fiction about whichever boyband crush she has at that moment. But it was trying to be older than that. It was written in such a young way that I was confused when Cass and Tucker went to a bar - wasn't she too young to drink? But no. She's supposed to be college leaving age, not the fifteen year old girl the writing seemed to portray her as.

Cass? She annoyed me from the very very start. This whole book was one great big woe-is-me pity party for her. She was so plain, with her blonde hair, blue eyes, and freckles on her heart shaped face. Yeah right. Oh, and she was super skinny too, skinnier even than her junkie mother who didn't eat a scrap in this entire novel.

Tucker was alright. He's probably the reason this got two stars. He saw through Cassie's crap and told her to get real. Then he went and ruined it all towards the end.

The end. You've got to be bloody joking. The character's hit their all-time most juvenile at the end.

I don't think I could put myself through the next book, sorry Teresa Mummert. Your writing is just not my cup of tea. In fact, it's like Dandelion and Burdock to me. Eeww.