TeaPartyPrincess

Jon Steele
Dead Gone
Luca Veste

Shades of London (2) - Ripper 2

The Madness Underneath - Maureen Johnson I just have to get this out of my system... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

After the first book, I wasn't expecting much from this book. It would have been wrong for this one to be as twisted and creepy as the first, it would have been too much. But it stays in the same unique universe.

But I wasn't expecting that. Or that. Or that.

Although at times The Madness Underneath feels like a filler, a space between the first and third books when nothing too much *can* happen, it is great in its own right. I don't think you could easily read this book without having read the first.

I wish that Rory could have perhaps gone back to Alistair and explained her reactions. It's like he was mentioned once and forgotten about and now it seems very unlikely that he'll ever be mentioned again.

I liked that Rory's life was falling apart. It should have been falling apart after what happened to her. I didn't like that the school didn't really make any concessions for her BEING STABBED AND ALMOST FREAKING KILLED! Surely her exams could have been postponed until the very end of term? Exams are usually at the very end of term anyway.

In my head I pictured creepier scenes. I pictured a ghostly face peering from the crack in the basement wall, and instead it was a slightly less creepy he's-behind-you.

I can't wait for the next one though, I *need* to know what comes after that ending! Shades of London might not be the best series out there, but I am hooked. Please have more than 3 books, Maureen Johnson, I could read of this creepy, unique world forever.