TeaPartyPrincess

The Watchers
Jon Steele
Dead Gone
Luca Veste

Losing It (Losing It, #1)

Losing It - Cora Carmack I definitely enjoyed this book. For a lot of the beginning I was grinning like a fool, which was quite embarrassing as I was on a bus at the time. But then the grinning stopped and I found myself huffing and rolling my eyes.

There are lots of hilarious quotes from Losing It that I could pick out and share, but then you wouldn't get the pleasure that I got from them while reading.

I suppose what stopped me loving this book were the main characters, Bliss and Garrick.

I'll not lie, Bliss is a slightly vapid Mary-Sue. You name it, she hits every cliché. She's gorgeous and doesn't know it, gets the leading part, gets the man, and is only slightly clumsy to stop herself from being too perfect. And boy does she over think and over react about everything. You should read what she does when she lies about having a cat... I'll admit I was giggling manically but it should never have gone that far.

And Garrick, love. What can I say about Garrick, love? He has this way of talking, love, which drives me mad, love. The only Englishmen I've ever heard say "love" after every sentence are creepy leery guys with a slimy look about them. It wasn't at all what I wanted to have in my mind when the supposedly gorgeous Garrick is talking, love.

Overall it's a pretty good read. It wasn't quite what I was expecting, but it was good nonetheless.

Thanks to Net Galley for providing a copy of this for review.