TeaPartyPrincess

Jon Steele
Dead Gone
Luca Veste

Stay Alive

Stay Alive - Simon Kernick 5 Words: Thrilling, twisting, unexpected, brutal, love.

5 More Words: Intricate, countryside, police, mystery, drama.

This is a very intricate thriller, which keeps you guessing and continuously keeps you on your toes. Just when you think you have something figured out, then BAM! You were wrong.

The thing I loved most about this book was the unbelievable pace. I was almost out of breath reading this and didn't want to put it down. So much happens between these pages, and to so many people.

I wasn't so keen on the timeline of the book, the way it was written did confuse me at first - but then everything clicks into place and I just sat thinking "oh". Once I'd finished, I knew exactly why it had been written in the way that it was. It easily makes the story much more powerful than if it had been written in a more chronological manner.

The characters in Stay Alive are almost as complex as the plot. There are many layers, many realist qualities to them. They have faults and strengths and weaknesses and beliefs.

I've never read Simon Kernick before, but I will definitely read more by this author.