TeaPartyPrincess

Jon Steele
Dead Gone
Luca Veste

Love is a Thief

Love is a Thief - Claire Garber This was a very heart warming and hilarious chick-lit.

I like the cover, but feel it could have been more enticing. It seems a little plain for the ride that the story really is.

For the most part, this book had a good pace and plenty of hilarious points. But at times it seemed to drag on a little and I'd look at how much further I had to go and sigh. But those dragging points were few and far between and I really enjoyed this book, the rest of the story more than made up for those moments.

It's full of fantastic philosophical advice on life and love. It made me laugh out loud a lot, and I don't think I've ever read more profanities in a whole book than I've read in a single page of Love Is A Thief.

The characters are a wide mix of personalities, with a few stereotypes thrown in. What would a chick-lit be without a gay best friend or the office bitch who everyone else loves? And of course there has to be a love lost somewhere, or several in this case.

There were a few "OH MY GOD" moments in this book, when I sat gobsmacked and unable to think properly, which was great. There is passion and life in this book.

This book really made me stop and think about my life. What has love stolen from me? How different would my life be without love? What have I given up for love? It's not often a book has me questioning most aspects of my life.

I will not be surprised to see this book popping up on best-seller lists, even if it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Thanks to Mira and Net Galley for a copy of this. I'll definitely be getting the print version.

* 27 June edit