TeaPartyPrincess

Jon Steele
Dead Gone
Luca Veste

The Liberation of Sundrian City

The Liberation of Sundrian City - Ander Louis Got this through Goodreads First Reads.

This was a great read. I didn't think it would be quite my cup of tea at first, but I really struggled to put it down and found myself thinking of it when I was supposed to be doing other things.

The Liberation of Sundrian City is a very fun read. It has everything you could ask for in a fantasy novel - unknown dangers, a renegade sorcerer, war elephants (fantastic!) and terrible justice. I particularly loved the elephants, the way that almost everyone thought they could be completely controlled by a single master, that they had loyalty to specific people. The elephants added the perfect amount of spontaneity to the scenes containing them, you didn't know what was going to happen and it made for some fantastic suspense and shock. Missy was my favourite character in this book, despite being an elephant - the personality of this crazy elephant was just wonderfully powerful.

The only part I didn't love (aside from the dickish guards) was the ending - it came far too soon! I could happily have read more of this story.